Assistance during your journey
If you have a disability and need help to board or de-board trains or to transfer between modes of transport, or just to accompany you through the station, then you can take advantage of the NS Travel Assistance service. Always request NS Travel Assistance at least one hour before you wish to depart.
Travelling with NS Travel Assistance
NS offers Travel Assistance at more than 115 stations throughout the Netherlands, from the first train in the morning to the last train at night. A trained NS employee or taxi driver can help you on behalf of NS during your journey or at the station. Travel Assistance is not available aboard night trains.
Requesting NS Travel Assistance
- Online: via the Online Assistance Request.
- Telephone: call NS at 030 - 2357822 (available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week).
New! Booking NS Travel Assistance to change as of 5 June
Starting on 5 June, you will also be able to request NS Travel Assistance via the Travel Planner Xtra app on your smartphone or tablet, and you will be able to contact us with a single press of the button.
The online booking procedure will also be updated, and we will offer the option of travelling less than 1 hour
after booking, if capacity permits.
With these new booking methods, we aim to further improve our services for our travellers.
What should you know?
The current website, avg.ns.nl, will be eliminated on 5 June. Starting on that date, you will be able to book your journey via ns.nl/reisassistentie
To book a journey, you will need a Mijn NS account. You can register for an account here. If you need assistance registering for a Mijn NS account, please feel free to call 030751 51 55 and we would be happy to help you.
Booking a journey starting on 5 June
Starting on 5 June, you will be able to use your NS account to book Travel Assistance as follows:
- via ns.nl/reisassistentie. Log in with your Mijn NS account, enter your travel assistance profile, and book your train journey with travel assistance. You can book journeys for dates after 5 June starting on 31 May.
- New: via the free Travel Planner Xtra app. Download or install the latest update of the free Travel Planner Xtra app on your smartphone or tablet on 5 June. Sign in with your NS account, and make sure that you have created a travel assistance profile via ns.nl/reisassistentie or tel.: 0302357822 in advance.
- Booking by telephone via 030235 78 22. This will not change, as we wish to continue assisting you by telephone.
Terms and Conditions for requesting Travel Assistance
In order to travel safely, it is important that you comply with the travel terms and conditions. Make sure that you reserve the entire journey, and check whether your wheelchair, walker or mobility scooter meets the stated requirements. The terms and conditions that go into effect on 5 June can be found here. Please take the following information into consideration when booking travel assistance:
- Always request Travel Assistance at least 1 hour before departure.
- State the date, departure time, and departure- and arrival stations for the journey you would like to make.
The booking confirmation for your journey with Travel Assistance will state the meeting spot at your station. Please make sure to be there at least 15 minutes before departure. Our assistant will help you board, transfer, and exit the train, and will accompany you to the exit of the arrival station. You must be able to carry your own luggage. The assistant would be happy to answer any questions you may have about your journey or the Travel Assistance.
If you encounter problems during the journey, or need to cancel your journey, please call NS at 030 - 2357822. We can be reached 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Accompaniment to and from the airplane at Schiphol Airport
You can request NS Travel Assistance when boarding or exiting a train at station Schiphol Airport. If you have a disability and would like someone to accompany you to and from Schiphol Airport, you can take advantage of the services of Axxicom Airport Caddy. More information is available online at Axxicom Airport Caddy or via telephone at 020 - 4069809.