Secure self-service storage facilities
Secure self-service bicycle storage facilities are often found at medium-sized stations. A self-service facility has an automated entrance and exit, and is monitored by CCTV. In some bicycle storage facilities, an attendant is present. You can easily store your bicycle at the facilities using your OV-chipkaart.
The benefits of secure self-service bicycle storage
- Fully automated entrance and exit with camera surveillance
- Extended opening hours
- Accessible using your OV-chipkaart
Automated storage facilities with camera surveillance
Secure self-service storage facilities are automated storage facilities with secured access and camera surveillance. You will find these storage facilities at medium sized stations which do not have a guarded storage facility. The self-service storage facilities are always open from 15 minutes before the first train until 15 minutes after the last train.
How it works
- You purchase a season ticket or buy a day pass at the entrance to the storage facility.
- Your OV-chipkaart grants you access to the storage facility
- See the Self-service storage instructions for more information.
Rates and season tickets
- A day ticket costs € 1.30 and is valid for 24 hours. You check in with your personal or anonymous OV-chipkaart at the access pole and check out when you leave. You pay the appropriate daily rate with your bank card. At some facilities, you can purchase a day ticket from the attendant. You pay at the bicycle storage facility with your bank card (Maestro or Vpay) without using a PIN (Dip & Go).
- An annual season ticket costs € 55 per year; you can buy this season ticket for your personal OV-chipkaart online.
Do you have an annual season ticket with a white access card?
Until 1 July 2017, you can access the bicycle storage facility using your current card. You can get into and out of the facility by holding your white access card in front of the card reader. From 1 July 2017, you can acquire a new annual season ticket to load onto your personal OV-chipkaart. Season ticket holders will be informed of this personally. This way, you will soon be able to easily store your bicycle using your OV-chipkaart.
Please note:: it is not possible to use a credit card to pay for self-service bicycle storage. For more information about Dip & Go, please visit your bank's website.
Different rates apply at the following stations:
- Amersfoort Schothorst station is free
- Amsterdam Sloterdijk station is € 75 per year
- Hilversum Sportpark station is € 105 per year
Unfortunately, it is not possible to store your bicycle at Amersfoort Schothorst or Hilversum Sportpark using your OV-chipkaart. You can only request a season ticket for these self-service storage facilities via Request a bicycle locker season ticket. When ordering, select the required location. Our Customer Service department will contact you after you have placed your order.
Please note: Temporarily, no more season tickets are being issued for Amersfoort Schothorst becasue the storage facility is full. If you request a season ticket, you will be placed on a waiting list.