Secure self-service storage facilities
Secure self-service bicycle storage facilities are often found at medium-sized stations. A self-service facility has an automated entrance and exit, and is monitored by CCTV. In some bicycle storage facilities, an attendant is present. You can easily store your bicycle at the facilities using your OV-chipkaart.
Renovation of self-service bicycle storage facilities
Starting in late July 2018, the access gates to almost all of the guarded self-service storage facilities will be replaced by transparent access gates, making it easy for you to enter the facilities using your OV-chipkaart. More information will be provided about the exact date that renovations will start at your self-service bicycle storage facility at the facility itself.
The benefits of secure self-service bicycle storage
- Fully automated entrance and exit with camera surveillance
- Extended opening hours
- Accessible using your OV-chipkaart
- Convenient payment with your debit card
Automated storage facilities with camera surveillance
Secure self-service storage facilities are automated storage facilities with secured access and camera surveillance. You will find these storage facilities at medium sized stations which do not have a guarded storage facility. The self-service storage facilities are always open from 15 minutes before the first train until 15 minutes after the last train.
How it works
- You purchase a season ticket or buy a day pass at the entrance to the storage facility.
- Your OV-chipkaart grants you access to the storage facility.
- See the Self-service storage instructions for more information.
Rates and season tickets
- A day ticket costs € 1.30, and is valid for 24 hours. Simply check in using your personal or anonymous OV-chipkaart at the check-in post, and check out again when you leave. You can pay at the storage facility using your debit card (Maestro or Vpay) or with contactless payment (Dip & Go).
- An annual season ticket costs € 55 per year, and can be purchased online, after which you can download it to your personal OV-chipkaart. This season ticket can be cancelled at any time, with a one-month cancellation period.
Different rates apply at the following stations:
- Amersfoort Schothorst station is free
- Amsterdam Sloterdijk station is € 75 per year
- Hilversum Sportpark station is € 105 per year
Unfortunately, it is not possible to store your bicycle at Amersfoort Schothorst or Hilversum Sportpark using your OV-chipkaart. You can only request a season ticket for these self-service storage facilities via Request a bicycle locker season ticket. When ordering, select the required location. Our Customer Service department will contact you after you have placed your order.
Please note: Temporarily, no more season tickets are being issued for Amersfoort Schothorst becasue the storage facility is full. If you request a season ticket, you will be placed on a waiting list.