When can you travel with a discount?
If you have an NS season ticket, then you can travel with a discount or for free depending on the time at which you travel and the type of season ticket you have.
The off-peak hours are on weekdays from 00:00 - 06:30, between 09:00 - 16:00 and between 18:30 - 24:00 the next morning, plus all day at weekends and on public holidays. The moment you check in determines the discount you will receive for the entire journey.
Please note: your train may depart no more than 30 minutes after you check in , as stated in your product terms and conditions .
Discount travel during off-peak hours
- Dal Vrij: free travel during off-peak hours, weekends and holidays
- Weekend Vrij: free travel at the weekend and on holidays
- Dal Voordeel: 40% discount during off-peak hours, weekends and holidays
Discount travel during peak and off-peak hours
- Altijd Vrij: unlimited free travel
- Altijd Voordeel: 20% discount during peak hours, and 40% discount during off-peak hours, weekends and holidays
- Kids Vrij: children aged 4 to 11 can accompany you for free, anywhere, anytime, with their own OV-chipkaart.
Using an e-ticket for your trip?
In that case the time when you check in is not decisive. If the e-ticket is only valid during off-peak hours, you are only permitted to be on the train during those hours. So for example you can't start your trip at 15.55 uur and stay on the train during peak hours.