Benefits of this season ticket
- Unlimited travel along a select route from the border.
- 40% discount for 3 travel companions
Unlimited travel along a fixed route
With the Grensabonnement, you can enjoy unlimited travel along a single route from a border station. This is also valid with Keolis on the route Venlo - Venlo Grens and on sections of the Intercity Berlin and the ICE International within the Netherlands. You are also entitled to bring up to 3 travel companions with you for a 40% discount with the Combined Travel discount.
Available to or from the following border stations:
- Germany: Bentheim, Emmerich, Venlo
- Belgium: Roosendaal, Visé and Hazeldonk
Benefits of an NS season ticket
- Free copy of Spoor magazine 5x per year with interesting offers.
- Exclusive offers for season ticket holders.
- Manage your season ticket with a single, convenient overview in Mijn NS. Find your journeys in your travel history, and request refunds for delays or when you forget to check out.
- 15% discount on international travel with RAILPLUS, for an extra € 15 per year.
- Discounts on GreenWheels car sharing and Q-Park P+R parking facilities.
- 3 free Kids Vrij: Children may accompany you for free. If your child does not have an OV-chipkaart, then you can purchase one along with your Kids Vrij season ticket for a fee of € 7.50. Kids Vrij must be ordered separately.
When is the discount valid?
You can enjoy unlimited travel along your selected route
all day, every day.
Who is this season ticket for?
Anyone who regularly travels between a station in the Netherlands and Germany or Belgium.
Checking in and out
With the Grensabonnement, you do not need to check in and out.
Good to know
You will receive your new personal OV-chipkaart for free with an annual season ticket. For a monthly season ticket, you will be charged a €7.50 for a new OV-chipkaart.
Your new OV-chipkaart (with your season ticket) will be delivered to your home within one week.
Season ticket within one day with an existing OV-chipkaart
If you already have your own personal OV-chipkaart (with photograph), then enter the OV-chipkaart number when ordering your season ticket. You can then download your season ticket within one working day from an NS Ticket Machine. That way, you can travel with a discount right away!
Season ticket term
You may choose from an annual season ticket or a season ticket that automatically expires after one month. An annual season ticket will save you more money in the long run.
Annual season tickets
After the first year, you can cancel your season ticket at the end of each month. We will then refund any amount you have remaining on your account.
You also have the option of switching to a more expensive season ticket during the first year.
You pay for your season ticket on a monthly basis. You can pay the season ticket costs for the first month quickly and securely via your own bank using iDeal. Your first payment completes the order process and confirms your banking details. The remaining season ticket costs will automatically be debited from your bank account each month.
If you would rather pay your season ticket costs with one lump sum, then you can pay the entire amount via iDeal.
If you do not have iDeal, but you do have a personal OV-chipkaart, you can order a season ticket by telephone. NS Customer Service is available 24 hours per day.
Download the season ticket product conditions.
Other customers also viewedCheck all season tickets
- 40% discount on weekends.
- 40% discount when you travel during off-peak hours
- 20% discount during peak hours
- Unlimited travel along a select route
- 40% discount on other routes
- Unlimited travel on weekends
- Unlimited travel during off-peak hours.
- Unlimited travel during peak hours.
How do I travel outside of my fixed route with a Grensabonnement?
You can purchase a one-way or return ticket for your train journey outside your route. Tickets are for sale at NS ticket machines, NS service desks or online. You can pay with iDEAL when purchasing online.
- Order a one-way or return for use with the Grensabonnement (with a 40% discount)
- Print out the e-ticket and bring your OV-chipkaart with your season ticket , so that you can prove that you have a Grensabonnement when tickets are checked
If you visit a station with NS gates, you can open them using the square code on your e-ticket.
Travelling from the border to your destination abroad
You will require a supplementary ticket from a foreign carrier for your journey beyond the border.
Travelling to Belgium
For travel to Belgium, the NMBS offers interesting season tickets for travel from and to Roosendaal, Eijsden, Maastricht and Maastricht Randwyck. For more information on these season tickets, go to nmbs.be.
For the first time, a Mobib card (Belgian OV-Chipkaart) must be requested. You can then pick up your product online or from an NMBS ticket machine. NMBS has installed its own ticket machines at Roosendaal, Maastricht, Eijsden and Maastricht Randwyck stations. You can pay with Dutch bank cards at the NMBS ticket machines.
Travelling during national holidays
Which holidays does NS celebrate?
- New Year's day
- Good Friday
- King's day
- 5 May - Liberation day (next official holiday in 2020)
- Ascension day
- Christmas and Boxing day
Do you have a Weekend Vrij season ticket?
If so, then you can also travel for free on holidays, even if they fall on a weekday.
Do you have a different season ticket?
Then you can enjoy the normal season ticket discount all day long on official holidays.