One whole day's unlimited travel on trains.
- One whole day is unlimited travel on NS trains
- Available for 1st and 2nd class from NS ticket machines
- If you do not have an OV-chipkaart, use a single-use smart card or e-ticket
- You can put a Day ticket on your personal or anonymous OV-chipkaart
- Valid for the date you want to travel
- Valid only on NS trains, not on those of other operators
- You still need to check in and out with your OV-chipkaart (public transport smart card)
- A Day ticket costs € 52,60 (2nd class) or € 89,40 (1st class)
- You can combine a Day ticket with a Dal Voordeel, Dal Vrij, Altijd Voordeel, Weekend Vrij or Voordeelurenabonnement on your OV-chipkaart. If you put a Day ticket on your OV-chipkaart, you will travel on the Day ticket the first time you check in again and not on your season ticket.
All products are subject to terms and conditions.
General terms and conditions for the carriage of Passengers and hand luggage of Nederlandse Spoorwegen (PDF, 231 kB in Dutch)
You can buy a Day ticket from:
- NS ticket machines;
- NS service counters.
Printing or downloading as a mobile ticket
The e-ticket is available as a mobile ticket. When your order is complete, you can choose to either download and print your e-ticket or to load it in the Reisplanner Xtra app, which is available for smartphones using Android 4.0, Apple iOS 8 or later.
> Everything about travelling with mobile tickets
The rules in brief
- A mobile ticket is valid only when it is loaded in the NS Reisplanner Xtra app.
- You are responsible for showing a valid ticket, so you should therefore ensure that you have a sufficiently-charged and properly-functioning smartphone.
- A mobile ticket is for use by one specific person. Just like a printed e-ticket, a mobile ticket is therefore only valid in combination with a valid identity document.
- The Conditions for travelling with an e-ticket (in dutch) apply to travelling with an e-ticket.
An NS e-ticket is for use by one specific person. It is therefore only valid in combination with a valid identity document, so don’t forget to take your passport or ID card with you when you travel.
Travelling with an e-ticket
The gates at more and more NS stations are closed. If you are travelling with an e-ticket, you open the gate with the square barcode on the e-ticket.
How can you recognise a gate with a barcode reader?
Not all gates can be opened with an e-ticket, only those with a barcode reader. These have a pictogram with ‘scan ticket’ on the right-hand door of the gate and a lit-up panel on the right-hand side of the gate.
Step-by-step: how to open a gate using your e-ticketStep 1: Go to a gate with the 'scan ticket' pictogram.
Step 2: Hold the barcode against the lit-up panel on the right.
Step 3: The gate opens and you can now enter or leave the station.
Do I still need to check in and out with a Day return on my OV-chipkaart?
Yes, you must always check in and out with a Day return on a single-use smart card.
You need to do this to be eligible for a refund if you are delayed. Unless you check in and out as you should, you will not be eligible for a refund if you are delayed.
What international tickets are valid with/available from NS to travel on the Dutch section?
The table below shows all domestic tickets which NS sells and/or are valid on NS trains, plus on what other trains and by what foreign operators they are accepted.
Table of domestic tickets available with NS (PDF, 48 kB)
What domestic tickets are valid with/available from NS?
The table below shows all the tickets NS sells and/or are valid on NS trains (NS Passengers), and also what other operators accept them on their trains.
Available tickets with NS (PDF, 32,8 kB)