One whole day's unlimited travel on trains.
- One whole day unlimited travel on NS trains and other carriers. Valid until the following day 04.00 am.
- Available for 1st and 2nd class from NS ticket machines
- If you do not have an OV-chipkaart, use a single-use smart card or e-ticket
- You can put a Day ticket on your personal or anonymous OV-chipkaart
- Valid for the date you want to travel
- Valid only on NS trains, not on those of other operators
Do I still need to check in and out with a Day return on my OV-chipkaart?
Yes, you must always check in and out with a Day return on a single-use smart card.
You need to do this to be eligible for a refund if you are delayed. Unless you check in and out as you should, you will not be eligible for a refund if you are delayed.
What international tickets are valid with/available from NS to travel on the Dutch section?
The table below shows all domestic tickets which NS sells and/or are valid on NS trains, plus on what other trains and by what foreign operators they are accepted.
Table of domestic tickets available with NS (PDF, 48 kB)
What domestic tickets are valid with/available from NS?
The table below shows all the tickets NS sells and/or are valid on NS trains (NS Passengers), and also what other operators accept them on their trains.
Available tickets with NS (PDF, 32,8 kB)