Amsterdam Travel Ticket
Unlimited travel across Amsterdam
3-day ticket€ 26
- Everything is on just one ticket. It gives you unlimited travel in
- Carefree travel on public transport in Amsterdam.
- Cheaper than separate tickets.
- 1-day (€ 16), 2-day (€ 21) and 3-day (€ 26) tickets are available
- Included is a handy map showing places of interest in and around Amsterdam
The ticket can be bought from NS counters, participating other carriers (EBS, Connexxion and GVB) and via third parties.
- NS Tickets & Service counters on these railway stations: Amsterdam Amstel, Amsterdam Centraal, Amsterdam Sloterdijk, Amsterdam Zuid, Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, Haarlem, Zaandam, Hoofddorp, Almere Centrum and Hilversum.
- GVB Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Centraal Station (Stationsplein), Bijlmer ArenA Station, Lelylaan Station & Zuid Station.
- EBS Tickets & Info: Amsterdam Centraal Station (IJ side), Purmerend Tramplein, Edam bus station.
- Connexxion Tickets & Info: Schiphol Airport/plaza (Bus platform 9, open daily 8.30 - 17.30 Amsterdam).
- I Amsterdam Visitor centre: Amsterdam Centraal Station, Schiphol Airport, Arrivals 2 at Schiphol plaza (Holland Tourist information).
See where you can buy your ticket (PDF, 30 kB)
With the Amsterdam Travel Ticket, you may travel by train (2nd class) between Schiphol Amsterdam Airport and any of the following stations in Amsterdam: Amstel, Bijlmer ArenA, Central Station, Holendrecht, Lelylaan, Muiderpoort, RAI, Sciencepark, Sloterdijk, Zuid, Duivendrecht.
Tram, bus, metro, ferry
The ticket is valid on all trams, buses, night buses, metros and ferries run by the Amsterdam transport company GVB. You can recognise them by their white and blue colours. GVB operates an extensive network covering the whole of Amsterdam. NOTE: The ticket is not valid on buses operated by other transport companies such as EBS, Arriva and Connexxion (except buses 197 and N97).
Amsterdam Airport Express
The ticket is valid on the Amsterdam Airport Express, bus 197 and Niteliner N97. Both are operated by Connexxion and depart from bus platform B9 at Schiphol Amsterdam Airport. Check bus197.nl for departure and arrival times.
Validating your ticket
This ticket is valid from the first time you check in until 04.00 in the morning after the last valid day (depending on whether you have the 1-, 2- or 3-day variant). The day starts at midnight.
For example: If you check in with the 2-day ticket from midnight onwards on Wednesday, your ticket will be valid until 04:00 on Friday morning.
Within this period, you can hop on and off GVB buses, trams, metros and ferries as often as you like, as well as unlimited travel to and from Schiphol Amsterdam Airport by train or by the Amsterdam Airport Express (bus 197).
All products are subject to NS terms and conditions.
General terms and conditions for the carriage of Passengers and hand luggage of Nederlandse Spoorwegen (PDF, 231 kB - in Dutch)
Smart ticket: OV-chipkaart
The ticket is a single-use smart ticket (called an OV-chipkaart). Use it to check in at the start of your journey, and to check out at the end of every trip.
Checking in and out
Hold your card up to the free-standing pole or gate to check in for your train journey; then repeat the process to check out again when you reach your destination. You need to check in and out with each operator, i.e. if you change to bus, tram or metro. You must also check out at an NS card reader before checking in with another operator. If you are travelling out of the country, you do not need to check in or out in the Netherlands.
Can I buy the Amsterdam Travel Ticket with my credit card?
Yes, you can buy your Amsterdam Travel Ticket at different locations in and around Amsterdam and pay with your credit card. If you order your Amsterdam Travel Ticket at discoverholland.com, you can pay with your creditcard, Paypal, Giropay or Sofort.
Is it possible to use the Amsterdam Travel Ticket from Schiphol Amsterdam Airport to Amsterdam city centre?
Yes, the ticket is also valid for the journey from Schiphol Amsterdam Airport to Amsterdam city centre