NS Group return ticket
Travel together cheaply by train
- Four people can travel for just € 55
- The 5th to 10th passengers just pay € 2,50 each
- Travelling together saves money, is pleasant and better for the environment
- NS Group return ticket is for people who are traveling together for a day
- You fill in details of all passengers (travelling with you) straight away when ordering
- Also valid with other train operators
- Valid after 09.00 and at weekends
- Only available online
- See all the promotion terms & conditions (PDF, 118 kB)
· You fill in details of all passengers (travelling with you) straight away when ordering
The way in which the Group Return can be ordered has been changed as of 2 January 2017: from now on, you fill in the details of the people travelling with you immediately when you order it. This can no longer be done at a later point.
- A NS Group return ticket is suitable for at least 4 and at most 10 people
- Different people can leave from different stations, but they must all be travelling to the same destination
- Save on CO2 emissions - travel by train
- Use the CO2 comparison app to see how much CO2 you are saving (Apple store)
When can you save money by travelling with an NS Group return ticket?
NS Group returns are valid after 9.00 on weekdays, and all day on public holidays, except on the King's Birthday (27th April).
The more people travel, the more you save
NS Group returns save money for groups of 4 to 10 people. The bigger the group, the cheaper it gets.
Price per person
- 4 persons for € 13,75
- 5 persons for € 11,50
- 6 persons for € 10
- 7 persons for € 8,93
- 8 persons for € 8,13
- 9 persons for € 7,50
- 10 persons for € 7
Your group has a single person in charge of the booking. That person purchases and pays for the NS Group Return online. The same person completes the details for everyone travelling with them and can print the e-ticket. The person in charge of the booking can also e-mail the completed e-ticket to the other passengers so that they can print the e-ticket themselves. You can only pay by iDEAL.
When ordering your NS Group return ticket, you can specify how you would like to receive it:
- Print in PDF format
- Decide how you want to collect your order later on. Once you have ordered an e-ticket online, you will get an e-mail, telling you what the abailable options are for collecting your ticket
· Your group has a single person in charge of the booking. That person purchases and pays for the NS Group Return online. The same person completes the details for everyone travelling with them and can print the e-ticket. The person in charge of the booking can also e-mail the completed e-ticket to the other passengers so that they can print the e-ticket themselves. You can only pay by iDEAL.
- Print the ticket in A4 format and in portrait (otherwise the barcode will not work)
- Check whether the ticket is legible
E-tickets are only valid if they are legible and printed in the correct format.
Proof of identity
NS e-tickets are personal. As a result, they are only valid in combination with a valid proof of identity. Do not forget to bring your passport or ID card when travelling.
You do not need to check in with your e-ticket, but increasing numbers of stations are fitted with closed gates. You can open the gates using the square barcode on your e-ticket.
Make sure that you choose a gate with a barcode reader. These feature an image with 'scan ticket' on the right hand door of the gate, and an illuminated surface on the right hand side of the gate.
Step by step guide: how to open a gate with an e-ticket
Step 1: Go to a gate with the 'scan ticket' symbol.
Step 2: Hold the barcode against the illuminated surface on the right hand side.
Step 3: The gate will open and you can enter or leave the station.
What are the terms and conditions of the NS Group return ticket offer?
The terms and conditions are as follows:
- Valid after 9.00 on weekdays and all day at weekends. NS Group returns are not valid on King's day (27 April)
- Accepted by all train operators
- Each group member needs their own personal e-ticket to be able to travel
- This offer is not valid in combination with other offers
- You can exchange NS Group returns purchased at the e-ticket shop until 31 January 2017
- NS reserves the right to increase the price in the meantime
- You can only get money back in the event of a delay
Can I use NS Group returns with other operators too?
NS Group returns are also accepted by other train operators, although ICE and Intercity direct charge a supplement. If you are travelling with Intercity direct on the Rotterdam – Schiphol route, you can put a supplement on your OV-chipkaart at the Supplement post on the platform, at any NS ticket machine or online. You can put an ICE supplement on your OV-chipkaart at any NS ticket machine or service counter.
How does travelling with an e-ticket work?
How can you order an e-ticket, how do you travel with an e-ticket and what are the rules? We have put all the questions and answers together for you.
Travelling with an e-ticket
I am not on the Internet. Can I still order an NS Group return, though?
No, sorry, you can only buy an NS Groepsretour (group return) online.