Bicycle ticket off-peak
Take your bicycle on the train throughout the Netherlands.
€ 7,50 per day
- The price is the same, irrespective of the number of kilometres travelled by train
- From Monday to Friday you can take your bicycle with you before 06:30, between 09:00 - 16:00 and between 18:30 - 06:30. On weekends, public holidays and in July and August, you can take your bicycle with you all day
- Available as an e-ticket
- You can take your bicycle with you on the Intercity Direct
- The ticket is also valid for other carriers.
- The Off-peak Bicycle Ticket is only valid when combined with another ticket
- The e-ticket is issued to the individual person: it cannot be changed and it is not transferable
- Only put your bicycle in the specially designated places in the train. If there is no room there, you cannot take your bike
- Remove luggage or bags from your bicycle and keep an eye on it yourself
- You cannot take your bicycle with you on the ICE, Eurostar or Nightjet trains or on NS buses. In July and August an international bicycle ticket is required to take your bike on the IC Berlin and IC Brussels
Do I have to pay more for a bicycle ticket if I am on a long train journey?
No, there is a single fare for this one-day ticket. It does not matter whether you are on a long train journey or a short one. So you can travel all around the Netherlands.
When can I take my bicycle on the train?
An Off-peak Bicycle Ticket lets you take your bicycle with you on Monday to Friday before 6.30 am, between 9.00 am - 4.00 pm and between 6.30 pm - 6.30 am. At weekends, on public holidays and in July and August, your bike can go with you in the trainn all day.
Note: an Off-Peak Bicycle Ticket only lets you travel outside peak hours on these days. So you cannot get on the train or stay on it with your bicycle during peak periods because of the crowding.
Do I need an Off-peak Bicycle Ticket for my folding bike?
Your folding bicycle can go with you free of charge in the train, including during peak hours, as long as it is folded away. You do not have to make a reservation or registration because your folding bike will not be taking up a bicycle space.
You must fold your folding bike away before boarding the train and only unfold it again after disembarking.
Your folding bike (and luggage) may under no circumstances block exterior doors, interior doors or aisles. That is for safety: all the doors are also emergency exits.
How do I get my bike through the access gates?
Every station has at least one wider access gates for bicycles and pushchairs. Hold your travel product up against the gate’s card reader. That checks you in and opens the gates. You only need to check in with your own ticket; you do not need to scan the Fietskaart Dal at the gate.